GENERAL POLICIES & GUIDELINES
The policies and the associated consequences stated below apply to everyone that visits So’Ham Retreat Center.
This policy is presented at the time of purchase. Full or partial payment equals consent to the following terms. The policy is valid for fully paying participants as well as participants who pay a discounted fee and as well for day visitors that pay a daily fee.
- There is strictly no alcohol, drugs or tobacco including snuff (Swedish snus) permitted anywhere at So’Ham Retreat Center.
- Summer is fire season. Therefore, we strictly prohibit anyone to use fire in any form, for example cooking, ceremonies or campfire. Furthermore, no open fires are allowed on the entire property (including inside tents), including barbecues, campfires, fireworks, lanterns, candles. No in
- Swimming in the lakes are permitted only in the designated area and is fully at people’s own risk. Please use swim wear at all times. To be respectful of our neighbors, no nudity or topless, either at SoHam Retreat Center or outside in the local community.
- No nudity, or topless, is allowed in SoHam Retreat Center.
- Pets are not allowed at SoHam Retreat Center.
- So’Ham Retreat Center holds the right to expel people who hinder the harmony of the events, the community, neighborhood or the surrounding nature, without giving any pre-warnings or explanations, and will not be liable for a refund of the festival ticket. Any abusive or violent behavior towards anybody at any time is not tolerated at the retreat.
- Please keep So’Ham Retreat Center clean and neat for everyone to enjoy. All waste must be disposed of in the bins provided.
- The line-up of teachers and speakers are subject to change. So’Ham Retreat Center reserves the right to cancel, replace or add workshops on short notice.
- By participating at Retreat, you consent to have your photo and/or video taken and agree to allow So’Ham Retreat Center to use this for its own promotional purposes. The exception: During the Grief Love Loss Retreat, there will be NO photos or videos taken of participants. Camera use is not allowed.
- So’Ham Retreat Center (incl. organizers, facilitators, teachers & assistants) will not be responsible for any loss of property, theft or damage to any participant’s belongings, or for personal injury and any other inconveniences before, during and after the retreat.
We recommend to not bring valuable belongings to the festival.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety and should have insurance that covers illness and accidents.
- By purchasing any ticket to the Retreat , you hereby accept and agree to all articles of the general terms and conditions of So’Ham Retreat Center.
SO’HAM RETREAT CENTER – TICKET AND BOOKING POLICIES
PAYMENT METHODS, CONFIRMATION AND DOCUMENTS
Our currencies are SEK, USD and EUROS. Payment can take place through PayPal, Swish, Banktransfer. More details will be given in you Reservation Confirmation Email..
RULES FOR TICKET CANCELLATION, TRANSFER AND REFUND
If So’Ham Retreat Center cancels your booking or if you as a participant cannot join as planned, the following applies:
- A – CANCELLATION UP UNTIL 30 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT STARTING DATE
Up until 30 days before the event’s starting date you can cancel your ticket and get a refund: minus €50
- B – CANCELLATION LESS THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT STARTING DATE
Within the 30 days before the event’s starting date you can cancel your ticket and get a 50% refund.
- C – CANCELLATION DUE TO ILLNESS
If you cannot attend the event due to illness and have a valid doctor’s confirmation you receive a full refund. Note: Once the event has started, no refunds are made.
- D – CANCELLATION DURING THE RETREAT
Once the event has started, no refunds are made. This applies also after check-in if you should fall ill or for any reason you cannot stay for the full event.
- E – IF So’Ham Retreat Center CANCELS YOUR BOOKING
In the unlikely event that So’Ham Retreat Center cancels your booking, you will receive a full refund. We intend to communicate any decision to cancel the event at least 14 days in advance, with a reservation that unforeseen circumstances may prevent us from doing so.
- F -HEALTH, TRAVELS & ADDITIONAL POLICIES/GUIDELINES
Remember, it is your responsibility to do what you can to minimize the risk of infecting others. So’Ham Retreat Center expects you to cancel your participation if you, close to the event (or during the event itself) know, or have a valid reason to believe, that you are carrying a contagious virus. We refer to strong symptoms of for example stomach flu, influenza or COVID-19 here, diseases that may cause an immediate health risk for other participants.Our recommendation is that you purchase refundable tickets for your travel to So’Ham Retreat Center. Under no circumstances, such as the event being cancelled, does So’Ham Retreat Center cover or reimburse any costs you may have for travels or insurance. If your journey here is cancelled or if you cannot join due to travel restrictions within Sweden or internationally, the above policy still applies.
PERSONAL DATA POLICY
Making a booking with us equals consent to our Personal Data Policy (as follows):
It is important for us that you as a customer feel safe around the way So’Ham Retreat Center handles your personal data. Our focus is to give all customers the best service possible; this requires that we have access to the following information about you: name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address. It will be handled discreetly.
You have always the full right to take part in the data that we have collected from you, as well as to revise and correct them as needed.
Once we have delivered our service to you (the event is fully paid and completed), you can request at any time to be removed from our system.
ZERO TOLERANCE ALCOHOL- AND DRUG-POLICY
All activities at So’Ham Retreat Center are based on a drug and alcohol-free environment. This means that guests and residents must not consume or be under the influence of alcohol and drugs in the whole area of So’Ham Retreat Center.
A person under the obvious influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave immediately by the management team or a person appointed by the management.
All substances which are consumed in any form that are intended to alter one’s state of consciousness, and that are not prescribed by a licensed physician, are prohibited. For example, ayahuasca, kratom, cannabis and tobacco.
It is also prohibited to promote the above substances to people on site at So’Ham Retreat Center (including volunteers, guests and participants). Non-alcoholic beer and wine are not allowed to be consumed at So’Ham Retreat Center. Smoking is not allowed on the property of So’Ham Retreat Center.
Unless you specifically ask to be excluded from this part of our communication with our previous and current participants, you can expect us to get in touch with you, to share about the events in So’Ham Retreat Center. You can opt in and out of our newsletter at any time. Information on how to register or opt out you can find in the newsletter.
PHOTO AND FILM POLICY
It is not allowed to film, photograph or record audio during the workshops, kirtans, programs, groups and satsangs.
So’Ham Retreat Center’s own photographers take the pictures and movies needed to share the retreat and other events.
MOBILE PHONE POLICY
This is a retreat site and most of the visitors have come here to dive deep inside themselves. We understand how integrated mobile phone are in every day activites. We ask that you limit your use of mobile phones to inside your room or when you are outside the retreat area. We discourage, out of respect for others, the use of mobile phones at any point during the retreat.
LOST & FOUND POLICY
As a visitor in So’Ham Retreat Center you are solely responsible for your personal belongings at all times.
During the actual event, So’Ham Retreat Center will support you in retrieving any lost items by setting up specific “Lost & Found”-labelled boxes. Lost and found ‘Valuables’ such as wallets, digital devices, keys and similar items are kept at our office and can be reclaimed by their rightful owner. Valuables are the only items that will be sent to you after the event is over and you will be charged for the shipping cost and an administrative fee. Valuables are returned upon description.
Please reclaim and hand in lost valuables at the reception.
We recommend to not bring valuable belongings to the retreat.
Please be aware that So’Ham Retreat Center does not take any responsibility for personal belongings – the above is to be considered a service and not a guarantee that you will be able to retrieve lost items, whether valuables or any other, such as clothing.